Property and Commercial Litigation
We can provide advice and assistance on a broad range of property and land related disputes.
We act for a wide range of clients with interests in property from large property investment companies to individuals with small property portfolios, from developers to retail landlords and tenants, from farmers to smallholders, and often collaborate on matters with the firm's Commercial Property team.
Property and land disputes can be complex and protracted and be a distraction to your day to business. As such, we recognise that timely advice, the management of risk and the avoidance of litigation where possible is important. Where litigation cannot be avoided we have experience in all courts and the Lands Tribunal, as well as in alternative forms of resolution such as mediation.
We can offer advice and assistance in the following areas:
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Lease surrender
- Unlawful assignment
- Adverse Possession Claims
- Securing possession from squatters/unlawful occupiers
- Breaches of covenant
- Agricultural Tenancy disputes
- Landlord and Tenant Insolvency
- Dilapidation and repair claims
- Rent and service charge recovery
- Contested and uncontested Lease renewals
- Boundary and rights of way disputes
- Interpretation of property related documents
- Forfeiture and applications for relief
In addition, we handle a wide range of commercial disputes for business clients. We know that these are often not just about money but also about reputation and relationships. Our approach to commercial litigation is just the same as our approach to property litigation and strive to deal with such matters, robustly, timely and successfully!
We can advise and assist in the following arears:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Recovery of commercial invoices
- Breach of Directors duties
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Trust issues
- Intellectual Property issues
- Will, trusts and estate disputes
Please contact us to discuss your needs.